25 Apr Are you struggling with reflux and indigestion?
Low stomach acid issues are common in today’s modern world. Are you struggling with reflux and indigestion? I often hear this complaint in clinic, that many women just like you are resorting to medications like gaviscon, mylanta, or nexium for relief from reflux.
There are a few issues with these medications is, firstly, they lower or block your body from producing stomach acid. Which is concerning because the reason you are experiencing reflux or indigestion is that the body has not got enough stomach acid to break down the food.
Secondly, many people are taking these medications long term and because of this they are more susceptible to fungal conditions and SIBO (Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth) both of which can cause long term health concerns.
Thirdly, these medication block your body’s ability to absorb essential nutrients like magnesium and vitamin B12. If you have been taking these medications than you MUST supplement with magnesium and B12 before you start to experience further issues.
Are you struggling with reflux and indigestion? The good news is that you can actually increase your stomach acid naturally! Here is some suggestions;
1. Have 1 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar in 30ml of warm water before each main meal.
2. Chew your food and take your time between mouthfuls
3. Eat fermented foods like kimchi and sauerkraut
4. Avoid liquids before and during meals (this will dilute your stomach acid)
5. Find your food sensitivities and avoid them
6. Watch your alcohol consumption